Open Forum

View Only

Theatre in our schools month

• 1.  Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-22-2016 14:09

Hello everyone! As we all should know, we are only 7 days away until "Theatre In Our Schools" month starts!! 

I have decided to make a movie about it, each day for the month of march I will create a short 1-3 minuet videos talking about different aspects of theatre, and how it improves school life and why it should be advocated for! I will go on tours of my theatre, show all jobs, interview theatre kids, and all that jazz! If you have any ideas of what you want to see in the videos please let me know! On the last day of march i will hopefully post the full thing on youtube! if you would like to send me your own videos to be in the video please message me here or find me on twitter ( @JoshMunden) or my email

Joshuatheamz@gmail.com

I hope you all enjoy, and I hope to see some of your videos!!! thank you all!!!

#SupportTheatreInOurSchools

------------------------------
    Josh Munden
    #5082 Liberty
    Kansas City MO

• 2.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-23-2016 09:43

Hi Josh and thank you!  We are very excited to learn about your plans to create videos for Theatre in Our Schools month, and for your letting everyone know about it through Community.  We all look forward to seeing what you and your students do.Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Sandra

Sandra Lundgren
    Director of Marketing
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-29-2016 10:46

Hi, Josh!

I think your video is a wonderful idea!!!  I can't wait to see it!  Thank you so much for taking the time to be such a strong advocate of theatre education! 

Ginny B. asked that we all share our plans, so here you all go.  Feel free to steal any part of our plans!!

Our Thespian Troupe is combining forces with the rest of the Fine Arts Department since March is also Music in our Schools & Young Artists Month.  So we are hosting March MAT-ness! 

- Each day we are having a MAT moment over announcements and sharing interesting facts about Kentucky artists, arts programs, etc. 

- We surveyed our faculty and staff about their involvement in the arts in high school and outside each of their classroom/office doors, we are posting a flyer listing their art forms. 

- March 7th - 11th is Spirit Week for our entire School

Music Shirt Monday

Chuck Taylor Tuesday

It's A Wonderful Life Wednesday (dress like your favorite movie character)

Theatre Shirt Thursday

Black out for Techies Friday

- Throughout our building we are posting information about each of our arts programs.  An opportunity to brag about what we offer and what we have accomplished. 

- Specifically for Theatre students:  Each Thursday they wear a theatre shirt, they can put their name in a drawing twice.  For every other day they wear a theatre shirt this month, they can put their name in the drawing once.  At the end of the month, we are going to draw names for a variety of prizes we are getting donated to us.  Theatre tickets, gift cards, etc.

This is the first time we have celebrated in such a grand way and we plan to do this every year from now on!!

I would love other ideas!!!

Happy March!

Carolyn Cork Greer
    Owensboro KY
    Troupe #3161

• 4.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-26-2018 10:22
    We are so excited to hear of all of the amazing things happening for all of the Thespian  Chapters! In celebration of Theatre in Our Schools Month, Kansas will be having its first ever Theatre at Our Capital Day in Topeka, KS. We are so excited to have the backing of Representative Jeff Pittman as he writes the proclamation of celebration for Theatre in Our Kansas Schools!

To celebrate theatre during March at Leavenworth High School, we have Theatre shirt Thursday, our spring production of The Good Doctor, will attend The Omaha Film Festival Academy, and will implement our Angels Amoung Us month. Angels Amoung Us recognizes students, teachers, staff, administration, and community members who go above and beyond to make Leavenworth High School an amazing place to learn and are advocates for Theatre in Our Schools! Nominees will be announced weekly and be presented with their nominator essay and an angel to display in their room.

Jennifer Beuchat
    Director of Theatre
    Leavenworth High School
    Kansas Thespians Advocacy Liaison

• 5.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-29-2016 12:48

Hello, all!

We are celebrating with the following events:

• Theatre Shirt Thursdays (Spring Play, Fall Musical, Thespian Festival, Speech)
    • 31 Facts / 31 Days -- daily announcements and on the school's network
    • Performances at the elementary and middle school 
    • School Board Meeting shout out
    • Spring Play commercials (audio and video)

I love the idea about combining with the other Fine Arts to include visual arts and music for celebration.

For those of you looking to extend something into April--April is Poetry Month! And Library Month. Stage a poetry reading in your library!

Dixie Forcht
    Teacher Librarian
    Thespian Sponsor
    Spring Play Director
    South Tama County Schools
    Tama IA

• 6.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-29-2016 13:07

We traditionally do a variety of activities in March, one of which is our student-directed one-act plays. We also do daily activities...Here's what we post...
    MYSTERY THESPIAN MONDAY!
    Thespians can complete the form to be a "Mystery Thespian" then see if you can guess who the 'Mystery Thespians' are. (There are just a few questions students answer such as a favorite crew area, favorite coffee/ice cream drink, favorite show...)
    T-SHIRT TUESDAY!
    Wear your favorite show shirt or drama club shirt! 
    WEAR YOUR BUTTON WEDNESDAY!
    Make sure you have a "Theatre In Our Schools" Button and wear it proudly every day - especially Wednesdays!
    THEATRE TRIVIA THURSDAY!
    Trivia questions will be posted by the callboard on Thursdays - see if you can win a prize!
    FANTABULOUSLY FUN FRIDAY!
    Have a terrific Friday!

---Kate Lindsay, Salina High School South, Troupe 1476

• 7.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 02-29-2016 13:56

Because our spring break is the last two weeks of March, we don't have a lot of time! But in the two weeks we have, we are; performing our high school musical, Mary Poppins, and having individual previews for each building in our school as well as an all school performance for levels A-5, hosting a community panel for our students to speak with local actors, directors and technical theatre professionals in the Milwaukee area and participating in 4 forensics meets throughout the Milwaukee area! 

Rebecca Auskings
    Fine Arts Teacher
    Brookfield Academy Middle School
    Brookfield, WI

• 8.  TIOS Month at Palo Alto High

Posted 02-29-2016 14:53

Dear all,

That sounds like an excellent idea, Josh! 

Troupe 909 will be doing something similar, we'll air "What it's like behind the doors of the Haymarket" segments on InFocus, our broadcast program.

In addition, we will heavily advertise for our Spring show as it is the last show in our current theatre, and will also heavily advertise our student directed spring One Acts as a lower commitment entrance into our theatre department. 

We can discuss Theatre in Our Schools at our Thespian club meetings, and will encourage attendance at our Thespian workshops.

We will be doing T-shirt Thursdays! 

Joelle Dong Heller
    Palo Alto High School, Troupe 909
    CA State Thespian Officer, Northern Representative

• 9.  RE: TIOS Month at Palo Alto High

Posted 03-01-2016 08:56
    http://youtu.be/TqSWae7YKUU video one!
    Hope you all like it! I'm not that good at videoing so don't laugh haha
    The link is on my Twitter
    @JoshMunden
    Or my YouTube Chanel
    Joshuatheamz@gmail.com

Enjoy!

---------------------------------
    Josh Munden
    Kansas City MO
    ---------------------------------

• 10.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 03-02-2016 20:20

VIDEO 2!! #Costumes

Theatre In Our Schools Month Video blog pt2

YouTube remove preview
    Theatre In Our Schools Month Video blog pt2
    Todays video is about costumes and why they are important to theatre!! #TheatreInOurSchools #TIOS16 Liberty High School Thespians #5082
    View this on YouTube >
    Josh Munden
    Liberty High School
    Kansas City MO

• 11.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 03-03-2016 07:36

Great idea, Josh!  We need to get you and your series of videos to Jefferson City for Fine Arts Education Day on March 31st.  I'll be in touch. 

Ben Martin
    Past Board Of Trustees
    Missouri Aliiance for Arts Education
    Lee's Summit MO

• 12.  RE: Theatre in our schools month

Posted 03-04-2016 14:48

So because it's Friday I posted a second video! This is a club at LHS combined of all Fine Arts called "JukeBox Club" Its a club for Beatboxers, Singers, and ukulele players! What better way to showcase the power of the arts!

Enjoy 

https://youtu.be/wu8fMMwk_HE
    Josh Munden
    Senior
    Kansas City MO