Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Poe Monologues

Posted 02-21-2016 14:32
    Isn't this forum THE BEST?!?  Thank you ITS for being such a support and resource for me every day - I love to read and learn from these posts :)
    We are doing an Avant-Guarde presentation of Edgar Allen Poe's works.  Do you have any suggestions for pieces to use?  We hope to do the same piece in many different ways - classical, contemporary, post-modern, etc....  Poe has a tons of scripts but any good monologues?
    Appreciate your help!  Have a great week :)
    Thank you!

The contents of this email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure, forwarding, or distribution of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the sender and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.

• 2.  RE: Poe Monologues

Posted 02-22-2016 08:35

Try Linsey Price, theatrefolk, Shuddersome Tales of Poe

we won at state with it!

------------------------------
    Trudianne Thom

• 3.  RE: Poe Monologues

Posted 02-22-2016 20:01

I agree, Shuddersome by Lindsay Price is awesome/excellent/Poe-tastic. Visit Theatrefolk for more info.

Juliette Beck
    Head of Theatre, Teacher, Troupe Director
    Albuquerque NM

• 4.  RE: Poe Monologues

Posted 02-24-2016 07:58

"The Tell-Tale Heart" is practically an extended monologue as is, though conceived as prose.  I've sent many students to forensics competition with it.  The first person perspective and the whole unreliable narrator angle yield lots of fun opportunities for acting choices.

Ryan Moore
    Theatre Teacher and Forensics Coach
    Royal Oak MI