Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Help with Addams Family torure rack

Posted 02-12-2016 17:55
    Hi Everyone,
    IC Catholic Prep in Elmhurst,IL is producing The Addam's Family Musical this March 11-13.
    I am hoping that somebody has produced this and can give me some ideas for building Pugsley's torture Rack. I'm used to building fairly complex things out of left over everything (no real budget) I'm sure many of you know the feeling. Any input,suggestions or instructions to duplicate what you have created would be appreciated.

Julia Jazwiec
    Jjazwiec@iccatholicprep.org

Sent from my iPad

• 2.  RE: Help with Addams Family torure rack

Posted 02-13-2016 12:42

We built ours so that it was upright but at an angle; we put chains together that were weighted behind the rack so that our Pugsley simply moved his arms and legs and it looked like Wednesday was pulling it from her level (which was actually separate to the rack itself).

------------------------------
    Lori Constable
    Teacher; director of Drama
    Independent District 112
    Chanhassen MN

• 3.  RE: Help with Addams Family torure rack

Posted 02-14-2016 14:19

We are currently building our set for The Addams family and we have a really simple set up for the torture rack. I will send a pic and explanation your way once we have completed that piece.

Candice Corcoran
    Kennesaw GA

• 4.  RE: Help with Addams Family torure rack

Posted 02-15-2016 09:03

We did this show last year and use a basic flat and mounted some simple 1x3 pieces to fit snugly around Pugsley's head. It was propped against the wall and the ropes and chains went down behind it under the platform it was on. Wednesday had a separate control device lever. 

The best part about it was that it came off the wall and became the table for "Full Disclosure". I could send pictures, if that would help.

Lisa Houston
    Pennington NJ

• 5.  RE: Help with Addams Family torure rack

Posted 02-15-2016 22:45
      |   view attached

Hi,

Attaching a photo of our torture rack.

It was an easy build and Pugsley was able to roll on and offstage attached to the machine.

Wish you lived closer-I'd be happy to have you use it. Let me know if you need any further instructions.

Krista Carson Elhai
    Theatre Director
    Claremont HS
    An International Baccalaureate World School
    Claremont CA