Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theater for Young Audiences Tour

Posted 02-02-2016 17:06

Hi Folks! 

I posted a similar thread a couple of months back, and got some great responses about a potential touring show for the non-profit theater company I work with. I am specifically looking for shows that would resonate with elementary teachers for their kids, and in particular shows that have a strong theme about choices! 

Cast of 2-4, Set requirements that would fit comfortably in a tour van, etc. 

ANY Ideas are welcome--even if they don't meet every requirement! I'm curious about what folks have seen as tours/taken on tours, etc! 

Thank You! 

------------------------------
    Sara Phillips

• 2.  RE: Theater for Young Audiences Tour

Posted 02-03-2016 10:16

We did the play, Gooney Bird Greene by Dramatic Publishing a few years ago and traveled with it to the various elementary schools to promote our theatre arts program.  It was very well received.  The teachers even had their students read the book before we went to their schools.

Jill Gable
    Theatre Teacher/director
    Jill Gable
    San Antonio TX

• 3.  RE: Theater for Young Audiences Tour

Posted 02-04-2016 10:03

We are about to start working on an adaptation of "The Day the Crayons Quit" to take to our elementary schools in the spring. This is our first time to do a project like this and we are all VERY excited. 

Dianne Rowe
    Birmingham AL