Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Rear Projector Rentals

Posted 02-02-2016 10:34

I am interested in trying rear projection.  I have an ill-equipped venue so I'd have to rent and bring equipment in.  Anyone with experience want to offer suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Rear Projector Rentals

Posted 02-03-2016 08:30

We just did rear projections using a regular projector, a large mirror of 4x5 feet and muslin on a frame. We hooked a laptop into the projector and ran all the slides from backstage. It worked very well. We only needed 4 feet between the screen which was about 9' by 9' and the projector. There are places on line that will detail how to set this up.

THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED AND RESTRICTED FOR USE BY THE ABOVE ADDRESSEE ONLY. IT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. IN THE EVENT SOME OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY RECEIVES THIS TRANSMISSION, SAID RECIPIENT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR DUPLICATION OF THIS TRANSMISSION OR ITS CONTENTS IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU SHOULD RECEIVE THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL US IMMEDIATELY AT 309.827.6031, DELETE THE FILE FROM YOUR SYSTEM, AND DESTROY ANY HARD COPIES OF THIS TRANSMISSION. THANK YOU.

Bloomington Public Schools School District87
    Bloomington, Illinois

• 3.  RE: Rear Projector Rentals

Posted 02-03-2016 09:02

The cheapest frosted shower curtain from Lowe's or Home Depot makes a great rear projection screen.

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 4.  RE: Rear Projector Rentals

Posted 02-03-2016 14:30

I've observed that if you use muslin for RP, you can see the glare of the projector behind the screen. Rear projection screen material is not that expensive, is easy to work with, and you get excellent results. We used it in our last show to create some very cool effects. You do want to make sure you have a bright enough projector, and if you're tight on space, one that can handle a very short throw. I borrowed an Optima from a local theatre company, and liked using it - easy to hook up, great picture. 

Here's an article on the basics of working with projections:

Understanding the Basics of Projection Screens

Rosebrand remove preview
    Understanding the Basics of Projection Screens
    The world of projection can be confusing at times. We're here to shine some light on it (no pun intended). Here are answers to common questions you've asked us about selecting the right projection screen material. For the novice, consider some of the more basic info below.
    View this on Rosebrand >
    ------------------------------
    Ashley Bishop
    Director
    Birmingham AL