Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shakespeare class

Posted 01-30-2016 12:41

I have an opportunity to teach a Shakespeare class next year as a Senior English elective.   I know how I would teach it, but I need to work in some of the English objectives.   Does anyone have any lesson plans/units they'd be willing to share with me?   Email me at gcarpenter@tooeleschools.org

Glen Carpenter

Stansbury High School

Stansbury Park UT 

------------------------------
    Glen Carpenter
    Tooele UT

• 2.  RE: Shakespeare class

Posted 01-31-2016 12:19

I would be extremely interested in those lesson plans as well. I teach both English 12 and theatre in high school. Kennar@nv.ccsd.net

Thanks, 

Rebecca 

Rebecca Kennard
    Las Vegas NV

• 3.  RE: Shakespeare class

Posted 02-01-2016 08:19

I would suggest the Folger Shakespeare Library series Shakespeare Set Free -- their philosophy is to have students perform text instead of just reading it.  They've 3-4 books coving Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, Midsummer, Othello,  and others.  Plus they hold seminars around the country to show teachers how to teach using their program.

It revolutionized my teaching-- not just of Shakespeare, but of all texts! 

good luck!

Caroline Clayton
    Teacher
    New Palestine High School
    New Palestine IN

• 4.  RE: Shakespeare class

Posted 02-01-2016 08:39

Contact your local branch of the English-Speaking Union. Some branches are offering Shakespeare workshops this year in honor of the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death and the national tour of the First Folio.

Shakespeare Teacher Programs - English-Speaking Union of the United States

Esuus remove preview
    Shakespeare Teacher Programs - English-Speaking Union of the United States
    National Shakespeare Competition Shakespeare Teacher Programs British Universities Summer School Middle School Debate English In Action Andrew Romay New Immigrant Center Luard Morse Scholarships Secondary School Exchange Evelyn Wrench Speaker Program Walter Hines Page Scholarship International Public Speaking Competition "My Magna Carta" Essay Competition
    View this on Esuus >
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY