Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Joining two high school programs

Posted 01-23-2016 08:04

If all goes as expected, our two local high schools will combine as as one beginning 2016 - 2017. Our programs have always been supportive of one another and have joined together for several projects. We've never though of ourselves as competitors, but rather, sister programs.

I would like to find shows, both straight and musical that will celebrate this union, something that focuses on us coming together. Of course, I'm hoping for title suggestions that allow for a larger or expandable cast.

We don't want anything with a tragic ending!!!

Thoughts? Ideas? 

Thanks!!!

------------------------------
    Bobbi Vinson
    Manchester, MD

• 2.  RE: Joining two high school programs

Posted 01-24-2016 10:06

I have done this twice with our neighboring hs and last year we did HS Musical. It was a huge success and so much fun. "We're All in this Together" is the finale song which was very appropriate:) The other one we did was Grease. Also a huge success. M. Broyles

• 3.  RE: Joining two high school programs

Posted 01-24-2016 16:39

How about Monty Python's SPAMALOT? Nice big ensemble, parts for males and females, acting heavy parts for the kids who aren't (or think that they aren't) very musically talented, and has different characters from different walks of life working together to complete their quest... and it's lots of fun. We did it this year and it was a big hit!

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ