Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Accompaniment "Phantom"

Posted 01-13-2016 08:28

I have a few go-getters who want to do a section of Phantom for a class project.  The trouble is, I cannot find the accompaniment ANYWHERE.  It blows my mind that I cannot - over the whole internet - find anywhere to give money to for some No-Vocals-Phantom.  Can anyone help me? Point me in a right direction?  They want to do the section of Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer/Final Lair beginning with "I think my dear, we have a guest" and ending right before the famous kiss (Spoiler alert!).  

I'm fairly new to the theatre teaching scene, so I feel like there's things I'm just not understanding about the process.... Please enlighten me.

------------------------------
    Brad Parks.
    Theatre Director
    Morrilton High School
    Morrilton, AR

• 2.  RE: Accompaniment "Phantom"

Posted 01-16-2016 09:01

You're right, it is very tricky to locate! 

Piano Trax. Piano Accompaniment Tracks for Singers

Pianotrax remove preview
    Piano Trax. Piano Accompaniment Tracks for Singers
    Piano Accompaniment Tracks for Singers
    View this on Pianotrax >

Two potential options: one is Piano Trax. Piano Accompaniment Tracks for Singers

whilst they didn't have your specific track available, they do have a statement o. Their site somewhere that said if you can't find what you're looking for to contact them and see what they can do...

Second option could be to try Aztec show tunes. They normally do whole shows, if you've got the license for the whole show, I don't know if they would lease a single track but you could try look them up and ask. 

The third option is waiting for the magical site Performer Stuff, which, when it opens, will be awesome.

Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Ruskin FL