Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Las Vegas, NV, Unified, contacts at UNLV? Cirque

Posted 12-08-2015 11:11

Hello, I am trying to plan a trip for my advanced high school actors to go to Las Vegas, NV in February

for Unified. While we are there, we'd love to tour UNLV's theatre program and/or sit in on a class. Do you have a contact at UNVL in theatre? Any other contacts for workshops/classes/professional connections? Do you know anyone involved in Cirque? Or the performing arts high school? Thank you in advance for any leads or contacts. My group will be about 12-10 people.

Best wishes, Juliette

------------------------------
    Juliette Beck
    Head of Theatre, Teacher, Troupe Director
    Albuquerque NM

• 2.  RE: Las Vegas, NV, Unified, contacts at UNLV? Cirque

Posted 12-09-2015 12:03

I'm the TD for Las Vegas Academy of the Arts and Artistic Director for Las Vegas Academy Theatre.  We host the Las Vegas stop on the Unified Audition tour.  Call the UNLV Theatre Department at 702-895-3666, and ask them if they have any availability for workshops during the time you're here.  (Sometimes they participate in Unifieds here.)  We will be in tech rehearsals for Footloose! in our beautiful theater and facilities, so if you'd like to look at what we do you're very welcome.  As we get closer you can contact me directly at morrijr@nv.ccsd.net to get more details and apply for the audition.  

Hope this helps.  Anything we can do to get our students in to quality theatre programs is great.

John Morris
    Instructor/Technical Director
    Las Vegas Academy of the Arts
    Clark County School District
    Las Vegas NV