Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The Little Match Girl

Posted 12-03-2015 16:44

Has anyone ever produced "The Little Match Girl"? If so, how did you create the effect of lit matches on stage, without actually using a match and breaking fire codes? I'm stumped.

Heather Willingham

Theater Director,

Fowler Middle School

Frisco ISD

469-633-5069

https://sites.google.com/site/fowlertheatre/home

willinhe@friscoisd.org

Fowler Middle School

3801 McDermott Road

Plano, TX 75025

Knowing & Advancing Each Child

• 2.  RE: The Little Match Girl

Posted 12-04-2015 20:08

Yikes that's hard.  There are things called finger lights which you could put something over the top to make it look like a contained flame (although they only come in white, red, blue, or green - oops I found yellow!).  They are a bit think for a match.  

http://www.target.com/p/spritz-party-favor-finger-lights-5-count/-/A-16604116?ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=16604116&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Seasonal%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Seasonal&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9028768&gclid=Cj0KEQiAkIWzBRDK1ayo-Yjt38wBEiQAi7NnP9rsOg7OhbaHNWFeLJ59w5sveKjNx6NdtKojO4dNE-UaAmNj8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

But in a pinch it might work.  You may also want to look at magic shops or ask a magician.  You could probably get a small LED light as well and place it on top of a match for the effect.  It won't flicker but might work for what you need.

Actually I found this which I think fits your need!  Hopefully it isn't too big (or you can use a bigger match stick since it may be plausible they had larger ones back then ;)

Good luck!

LED Flicker Candle Flame Pack of 12

Save On Crafts remove preview
    LED Flicker Candle Flame Pack of 12
    19.99 SALE PRICE! Add unique detail to your bouquets with these LED Flicker Candle Flames! The pack of 12, battery operated taper flames, can be used to add ...
    View this on Save On Crafts >
    ------------------------------
    Brandon Becker
    Denver CO