Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Daffodiles

Posted 12-02-2015 22:42
    We are looking for a large stock of fake daffodils for big fish. Need hundreds, maybe thousands. Any ideas of where I could find them in bulk at a good price?

• 2.  RE: Daffodiles

Posted 12-03-2015 10:05

I often go to Oriental Trader for some items like this.

------------------------------
    Valerie Farschman
    Drama Director of The MLS Theatre Company
    Marion L Steele High School
    Amherst OH

• 3.  RE: Daffodiles

Posted 12-01-2016 12:32

I am in that boat now.  Were you able to find them in bulk?

Greg Franklin
    Bakersville NC

• 4.  RE: Daffodiles

Posted 12-02-2016 16:30

You can find artificial flowers on Amazon in a pinch, but I might be tempted to go with a more affordable option to create more of an illusion of daffodils. Any yellow flower could probably pass from a distance.

Can you have students make them out of tissue paper? There are multiple tutorials online, you could look for a super basic version since they'll only be viewed from a distance. Or do a Google image search for the show, it's a great way to find creative solutions, it looks like people have used painted backdrops or projections for this purpose.

Let us know what you find!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 5.  RE: Daffodiles

Posted 12-05-2016 10:47

We made them out of paper and pipe cleaners.  I created a pattern and copied that on to yellow copy paper.  Kids cut them out and put them together.  They  were great.  Go to poteetpirateplayers.weebly.com and see photos of them.  We also used projection screen behind the actors.  People still talk about that moment.  We released them over the stage and the audience as well.  We made thousands of them, but it was well worth it.  The kids got tired and bummed out with them, but when they saw the effect they all wanted to make more. Good Luck

​​​​​

Kelly M. Thomas

Department of Theatre

Dr. Ralph H. Poteet High School

3300 Poteet Drive

Mesquite, Texas 75150

972-882-5300

Kthomas@mesquiteisd.org