Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Year Round Calendar

Posted 12-02-2015 07:51
    My county is looking at transitioning to a year round calendar for all schools (K-12).  I was wondering if anyone has experience with this type of transition and how it has affected the theatre program.  Any feedback would be helpful!

Thanks!

--
    Karah Wilson
    Titan Theatre
    McDowell High School

Follow us on Pinterest MHS Titan Theatre

All e-mail correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law, which may result in monitoring and disclosure to third parties, including law enforcement. This message may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, and is intended for the person/entity to whom it was originally addressed. Any use by others is strictly prohibited. In compliance with federal law, McDowell County Schools administers all state-operated educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.

• 2.  RE: Year Round Calendar

Posted 12-04-2015 11:09

We work on a modified year-round schedule. We go back the 2nd week of July (the kids come back the 3rd), have 9 weeks quarters, 2 week breaks between each quarter, and a 6-7 week summer. We have both traditional and block days during the year. Mon, Tues, and Friday and traditional days (1-6 hours) and split the Wednesday/Thursday schedule. Wed is 2/4/6 and Thursday is 1/3/5. It means that we don't get prep one day of the week BUT we get a 2 hour prep on the other day.

I really like this schedule. It gives enough time to decompress in summer without getting stale and the 2 weeks 3 times a year is great. There's time for a nice vacation after every set of midterms or finals. I think the kids really like it as well. 

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ