Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-10-2014 09:26
    Hi There!

I'm looking at using wagon brakes (hand brakes for our moving scenery units) for the first time.  Can anyone tell me what brand/type I would get that would be the best for moving raised platforms with 12' flats attached?  Probably need something that is good to 300lbs and it doesn't have to be fancy, just do its job.

I've seen a few different styles on Amazon, but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at and am wondering if anyone has had any luck with one particular kind. 

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------
    Brooke Phillips

• 2.  RE:Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-10-2014 12:05
    We get ours from rosebrand. 

http://www.rosebrand.com/product64/Heavy-Duty-Wagon-Brake-4550.aspx?tid=2&info=wagon%2bbrakes

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley

• 3.  RE:Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-11-2014 08:56
    There are many places to find destaco clamps (and a much larger variety of sizes and shapes) to be had more cost effectively than $37 a piece with the spindle sold separately.

Trevor Long

• 4.  RE:Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-11-2014 07:11
    Mainstage Theaterical has wagon brakes that are very good. They also ship the same day so you get things quickly. Heavy duty brakes are not cheap but they will do the job. ------------------------------------------- Dawn Tucker -------------------------------------------

• 5.  RE:Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-12-2014 12:30
    Be cautious of Amazon hand brakes.  They can be way less expensive but might be too small to do the job.  These come in many sizes.  You'd be best to consult your local theatre supplier.

Richard Osann
    Theatre Teacher

• 6.  RE:Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-11-2014 08:18
    We have had good success with these:  http://www.mainstage.com/Cart.asp?ID=322&action=cart_keyword&keyword=BRAKE

[William] [Myatt] [Drama Director]

[Pleasant Valley High School]

[myattw@pleasval.k12.ia.us][563-332-5151][Bettendorf][IA][USA]

• 7.  RE:Wagon Brakes?

Posted 02-11-2014 12:25
    I've bought mine at Grainger supply, but I can't remember the exact name they are listed under. If you contact me directly with an email I can send you a photo. ------------------------------------------- Joanne Karr -------------------------------------------