Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Posted 11-24-2015 15:00
    Has any H S performed the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee ? If yes, what did you do with Erection Song? We would never be allowed to do that at our High School.

Teresa Nietz Morgan
    Napoleon Choir, Jazz Choir, Drama Director
    please note my new e-mail address tmorgan@napoleonareaschools.org

PLEASE NOTE: This message and any response to it may constitute a public record and therefore may be available upon request in accordance with Ohio public records law. (ORC 149.43)

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, employee or agent responsible for delivering this message, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original e-mail message.

• 2.  RE: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Posted 11-24-2015 15:13

I've not done it, but another director in our state did and he said the materials came with alternate wording making it "my unfortunate distraction."  I don't know much more than that.

------------------------------
    Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR

• 3.  RE: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Posted 11-25-2015 05:56
    The script has a section in the back that allows you to modify the questionable material. It becomes My Unfortunate Distraction. It is still a bit racy for some school, but with the right direction, it can work. I had little problem with it. I did it in a summer program and not school though.

Sent from my iPad

THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED AND RESTRICTED FOR USE BY THE ABOVE ADDRESSEE ONLY. IT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW. IN THE EVENT SOME OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY RECEIVES THIS TRANSMISSION, SAID RECIPIENT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR DUPLICATION OF THIS TRANSMISSION OR ITS CONTENTS IS PROHIBITED. IF YOU SHOULD RECEIVE THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE CALL US IMMEDIATELY AT 309.827.6031, DELETE THE FILE FROM YOUR SYSTEM, AND DESTROY ANY HARD COPIES OF THIS TRANSMISSION. THANK YOU.

Bloomington Public Schools School District87
    Bloomington, Illinois

• 4.  RE: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Posted 11-26-2015 14:59

Just did the show at our school...all females playing all the roles. We used the alternate version.  Though this was our high school production, We are a k-12 all girl school, so I decided to put a disclaimer on our publicity that the show had adult humor and that it was PG-13.  Lots of parents with middle school and prime school age children came anyway.  Huge success. Good luck!

Molly Cornwell
    Shaker Heights OH

• 5.  RE: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Posted 11-27-2015 08:09

We did this show two years ago. We used the alternate song, My Unfortunate Distraction. We slightly referenced the erection and kept it low key. It was a big hit and we heard no complaints. 

Trevor Yarbrough
    Teacher
    Dyer County High School
    Newbern TN