Open Forum

View Only

Dramatics Summer Theatre Directory: Call for Submissions

• 1.  Dramatics Summer Theatre Directory: Call for Submissions

Posted 11-10-2015 18:59

Hello from Dramatics magazine, where we're gearing up for our annual Summer Theatre Directory of learning, performance, and work opportunities for high school and college students and their teachers. It publishes in January 2016 (as with the College issue, we've sped things up a month to give readers more time to explore their options), and right now we’re looking for great programs—camps, classes, workshops, apprenticeships, internships, and/or continuing ed opportunities for working theatre teachers—that aren’t listed in the directory, but should be. Do you know about a fantastic summer opportunity for Dramatics readers that might not be on our radar? Tell me about it!

The listing themselves are totally free, and it’s easy to participate: simply complete the attached questionnaire and get it back to me by Nov. 20. For future editions, you’ll get a reminder email from us around this time each year asking you to update your information for the upcoming season. That’s it! We’ll take the information you send and share it with our 35,000 readers.

We're also looking for some short, personal anecdotes from students and teachers who had memorable summer theatre experiences in 2015. If you or someone you know might like to contribute, please drop me a line and I'll tell you more about what we're looking for.

Finally, I’ve attached last year’s “summer road trip” cover as another reminder: WE NEED PHOTOS. If you have print-quality, high-resolution photographs showing students or teachers at work in a summer program (on stage, in class, or behind the scenes), please share them. This year I’ve set up a Dropbox folder for collecting images and ID/credit info, which you can use even if you don’t have a Dropbox account yourself:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/hVSPt9sBvTNRcbO4rZoI

For programs seeking even greater visibility in the directory, paid display-advertising space is also available, for a limited time; for details on that, please contact our ad sales manager, Angel Wuellner, at awuellner@schooltheatre.org

Thanks, everyone! I hope the Summer Directory continues to be a useful and inspiring resource for everyone -- and if there's anything we can do to make it better, speak up.

Julie 

------------------------------
    Julie Coppens
    Juneau AK
    ------------------------------