Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  10 Little Indians

Posted 11-05-2015 09:42
    Is there any difference between 10 Little Indians and And Then There Were None other than changing Indians to soldiers?

Karen L. Fairbank
    Director of College Counseling and Student Activities
    Chair, Social Studies Department

T H O M A S   J E F F E R S O N   S C H O O L

4100 S. Lindbergh Blvd.

St. Louis, MO  63127

Tel:   +1 314.843.4151, ext. 2360

Fax:  +1 314.843.3527

• 2.  RE: 10 Little Indians

Posted 11-06-2015 07:06

Our theatre department just opened AND THEN THERE WERE NONE last night.  In the play, the poem that is the centerpiece of the play is call "10 Little Soldiers."  That is the only version, to my knowledge, that is licensed and from what I can tell there is no other difference.  I cannot find any lincensable version with the "Indians" wording in it.  The novel version does have a much bleaker ending, but it's a slightly different story.  Last night's reception was outstanding with gasps, ooohs, and aaaahs abounding from the audience.  An incredibly successful opening night!

------------------------------
    Rick Bodick
    Troy a High School
    Troy, MI

• 3.  RE: 10 Little Indians

Posted 11-09-2015 20:44

You know, several years back, maybe 10 or so, I was asst. for a production of 10 Little Indians, and we had the script and license.  When I went to look for it, I couldn't find it.  It must no longer be available under that name.  Or I may be very mistaken, but it was the play that we did.  There is not any difference that I can see other than the soldiers.

Georgann Lanich
    Tallulah Falls GA

• 4.  RE: 10 Little Indians

Posted 11-10-2015 06:13

It's pretty much the same thing. I did And there were none two years ago. Samuel French holds the rights

Bryan F. Mitchell
    Theatre Teacher
    Leon High School
    Tallahassee Fl