Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 02-07-2014 16:45
    Hi all!  Any great ideas on how to do Pinnochio's growing nose for Shrek?

-------------------------------------------
    Maureen Mershon
    Drama Director/Performing Arts Chair

• 2.  RE:Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 02-08-2014 10:08
    I didn't build it, my brother did for his production. but it works great. It is telescoping and their is a magnet in the end and Pinocchio has a magnet in his glove so he acts like he is trying to stop it, but he is really pulling it out. It is covered with flesh colored tape (like medical tape) and it has a strap that holds it on the face. We are doing to use it in the two scenes where it grows but a plastic knows in the other scene since the growing one is kind of heavy.

Stacey Bailey

• 3.  RE:Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 04-05-2014 13:45

Just did the show and it was super.  Sorry this may be late, but after much trial and error we got a nose to work.  Basically used a small plastic telescope.  Attached some thin flexible hose to the end and hooked the other end to a large syringe.  Then attached the scope to the plastic nose part on a "funny nose and glasses"  The actor then had the syringe hidden under a costume and pushed and pulled to get the effect.  It worked great.  
    michael sobota
    Teacher/Drama Director
    South Range Local Schools

• 4.  RE:Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 06-19-2014 17:41
    Hi! I have a question about the syringe. Was it air from the tube that pushed the telescope out? ------------------------------------------- Stacy Castiglione Drama Director Los Alamitos CA ------------------------------------------- Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 5.  RE: Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 06-21-2014 10:54
    It did use air. Getting the tube sealed took some time, but the syringe was able to push out the tube and draw it back in using just air. Hope this helps.

Michael Sobota
    Teacher/Drama Director
    South Range Local Schools
    Canfield OH

• 6.  RE:Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 06-21-2014 12:20
    Thank you!!

Stacy Castiglione
    Drama Director
    Los Alamitos CA

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 7.  RE: Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 06-22-2014 16:15
    This is the link we used although I believe our Pinocchio made a few alterations. http://theatreprojects.blogspot.com/2010/06/pinocchios-nose-part-1.html Here is a picture of our Pinocchio in production. Of course it all was more effective from a distance. A tube with a thin wire ran under her false cheek , down her back and out through a small hole in her costume. She got to be an expert at pushing the wire discreetly then she could just push the nose in to reset it. ------------------------------------------- Helen Dixon Oakley CA -------------------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Shrek, Pinnochio nose

Posted 10-05-2014 19:58
    I am also working on the pinnochio nose.  Is there anyone that managed to produce one that would be willing to post or email photos?  I think some visuals would help.  

Aileen Zeigler
    Omaha NE