Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  MIRRORS on the Wall.

Posted 10-20-2015 13:47

I am ready to install full length mirrors to our studio for mask work and physical work.  I am looking for a vendor.  I am not into mirrorlite or mylar stuff....I am looking for good quality plexiglass mirrors maybe.  Anyone know of a good vendor.  My capital budget just went through for this item....three years it took of proposing but finally!!!!

HELP!!!

------------------------------
    David Valdes
    Director of Theatre
    St. Paul's School
    Concord NH

• 2.  RE: MIRRORS on the Wall.

Posted 10-23-2015 09:05

That's so exciting! I think I've heard the vendor Rose Brand recommended previously for theatre drapes and mirrors, does anyone have experience with their products?

Another option would be to ask your local dance studios, I bet they'd have some great ideas. Here's the Rose Brand website:

Glassless Dance Mirrors by Rose Brand

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 3.  RE: MIRRORS on the Wall.

Posted 10-25-2015 20:11

David, I'm not sure why you are against the mylar, but we purchased the Rose Brand rolling mylar mirrors several years ago for our stage when I was teaching dance.  (Our dance room, which had some mounted full "real" mirrors on the walls, was being used as a band room at the time.)  They are superb, reflecting exactly as a mirror does.  Now that dance is actually held in the the dance room, the mirrors help us spread out when teaching stage makeup and enable some break out work in dance class.

The "real" mirrors got cracked once but luckily the glass didn't shatter out.  That was always my fear--having something on around that could cause injury.  The mylar kind are super lightweight.  I know Rose Brand sells them in a mountable form also, and would be a lot lighter.  Of course, they can also be damaged with punctures but ours have held up really well considering they have been moved from room to stage, to mpr for dances.  I would compare costs, and if you want me to send you any pictures of reflections (real -vs- mylar) I will be happy to.

Debbie MacKinney
    Theatre Teacher, CTE Technical Theater, Troupe 7334 Advisor
    Tanque Verde Unified School District
    Tucson AZ