Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  NYC trip

Posted 10-19-2015 09:21
    A while ago someone posted about what tour group not to use-and what tour groups are worthwhile.  Can you please repeat that.  I have a friend in NC who is planning a school trip to NYC and need a reliable group to work with.  Thank you.
    Rosemary Evaul
    Wappingers Falls, NY

• 2.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-19-2015 10:39

Hi Rosemary,

I highly recommend "Broadway Life", a wonderful tour company in NYC. I have actually partnered with them to offer a special master class combined with a Broadway Drama group tour. But they offer all kind of tours and workshops and they take great care to organize a tour based on each group's need. I chose to partner with them because they have a deep interest in giving young artists a transformative trip to NYC combined with the expertise and resources to put together a great tour. The link is:

http://broadway.life

And the phone is 212.321.0950

Best,

Larry Silverberg

True Acting Institute

------------------------------
    Larry Silverberg
    St. Petersburg FL

• 3.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-20-2015 08:23

I'm taking 28 students and parents to NYC for a three day trip during Spring Break. We fly in Tuesday, see a show that night, two shows on Wednesday and fly back Thursday evening. We will be going to the Empire State Building and the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. There will also be time for shopping ( a must according to my female students). We will be seeing Curious Incident.... Wicked, and hopefully Hamilton. 

I'm using Joan Hahn at Passport Travel. I've used her before and she's wonderful!

http://www.bucketlisttrips.citymax.com/index.html

There is one group I have used and refuse to use again and have told them to stop bothering me. If you want to talk about that group, email me.

AP

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 4.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-20-2015 08:29

This will be my 3rd time touring with Promusica Tours and I cannot say enough about how wonderful they are to work with.  Each year they adjust the tours to my students ( one year I had a strong tech group another more actors etc.) The business office and tour guides are wonderful and easy to reach, two great qualities not found in all companies.  They adjust to what you are looking for ex. I don't like scheduled restaurants for food, I would much rather students choose.  Feel free to contact me :)  kendra.knoblock@romeo.k12.mi.us

Kendra Walls
    Rome0 MI

• 5.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-20-2015 10:21

Be sure to use the "search" function to locate past discussions, just search for "NYC" and you will find all of the previous threads on this very topic!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Alexandria KY

• 6.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-20-2015 11:13

I use Bob Rogers Travels with much success.

Ryan Moore
    Theatre Teacher and Forensics Coach
    Royal Oak MI

• 7.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-20-2015 11:55

We have used Manhattan Tour and Travel aka Junior Tours for years.  They are GREAT and especially focused on NYC Theatre.

manhattantourandtravel.com

Hope this helps,

John

John Morris
    Instructor/Technical Director
    Clark County School District
    Las Vegas NV

• 8.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-20-2015 13:43

I have traveled with Manhattan Tour and Travel for many years. Rich Abrams, the new owner, is excellent to work with. The company is efficient and flexible. 

Lana Hagan
    Department of Theatre/Dance
    Southern Illinois Univ. Edwardsville/retired
    Clayton MO

• 9.  RE: NYC trip

Posted 10-21-2015 09:06

I decided several years ago, after a disastrous trip with a 'highly recommended' tour company**, to book our yearly NY trips myself; we get a much better trip that suits the students' needs/desires than if we go with a tour company. The cost is also much lower (although my time/energy commitment is much higher!).  I'm happy to offer advice or guidance if you're thinking about doing the booking yourself. 

While in the city, we travel with Jim Dykes (Jim Dykes - New York Actor & Tour Guide) who is fabulous. He's incredibly knowledgeable and will tailor a tour to fit your needs. 

Jimdykes remove preview
    Jim Dykes - New York Actor & Tour Guide

View this on Jimdykes >

(**If you want information on the tour company I won't use, please PM me.  I don't want to lambast them publicly.)

Janie

Jane Modlin
    Director of Theatre
    Ashland Independent Schools
    Chesapeake OH