Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Final Pantomime Performance Ideas

Posted 02-06-2014 13:25
    I need some ideas for a final pantomime performance for my year eight creative drama II students. In the the past I've had students create a scene based on a song, using the song as inspiration, had them base their scene on a newspaper article, and had them show a scene from their daily routine. I guess I'm looking for something a little bit more challenging. If you have any creative ideas, let me know. Thanks! ------------------------------------------- Sean Kifer ------------------------------------------- Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 2.  RE:Final Pantomime Performance Ideas

Posted 02-07-2014 11:27
    Aesop's Fables can be a fun scenario. Have a reader tell the story while mimes act it out. Possibly even mix some comments in from the performer. (I do not limit myself to Classic Mimes rules of no sound or dialogue.) Also Nursery Rhymes, elaborate the rhyme to tell a more involved story or explain the rhyme.  Similar to L Frank Baum's MOTHER GOOSE IN PROSE. Shakespeare's Sonnets and even performing a synopsis of one of his plays. The condensed actions can be really challenging and very funny. ie TITUS ANDRONICUS. Finally, I really love using poetry in general. It can provoke some interesting explorations into non standard movement. Good luck.

-------------------------------------------
    Dennis Maganza

-------------------------------------------