Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theater Seat Dedication Plates

Posted 10-03-2015 10:49

We have a new 64-seat little theater (opened last fall) and we'd like to sell brass seat dedication plates to raise funds to air condition the space. Has anyone ever done this, and, if so, what did you sell the plates for? Thanks! Jen

------------------------------
    Jennifer LaFrance
    New Hampshire
    Merrimack NH

• 2.  RE:Theater Seat Dedication Plates

Posted 10-04-2015 23:28
    Next year, I am lucky enough to have a new theatre and black box opening. I, too, am looking for information about plaques for the arms of those chairs as a fundraiser. I prefer to have ones I can take to a local engraver as they are purchased and then apply with adhesive that is long-lasting. Any information would be appreciated.

---------------------------------
    Jo Lane
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR
    ---------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Theater Seat Dedication Plates

Posted 10-14-2015 09:31

I am at a private school and when we built a new performing arts facility 7 years ago, we used plaques on the chairs as donor recognition, so they weren't really sold.  However, I believe the gift level to get a plaque was $1000.  Now, this is a big 635-seat theater, with classroom space and a shop, so it was a $10 million overall price tag, but the $1000 gifts certainly helped and there are plaques on about 1/2 of the seats in the theater.  Not sure if this is helpful or applicable to your situation, but that is what we did.

Susan Speidel
    Chairman of the Performing Arts Department
    Morristown-Beard School
    Springfield NJ

• 4.  RE: Theater Seat Dedication Plates

Posted 10-15-2015 00:50

Susan,

Do you know the vendor for the plates? If so, can you share that information? I'd like to look up pricing for the plates and engraving.

Thanks!

Jo Strom Lane

Roosevelt HS
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Portland Public Schools
    Portland OR