Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-24-2015 10:24

Good morning everyone!  

I am a first year teacher at Groveport Madison High School.  I am currently working on tickets for our fall production of Leading Ladies.  I would like to make the switch to an online ticketing system as we build our program moving forward.  Do you any of you have any stories or experiences with online ticketing systems?  I would love to hear good/bad experiences so that I can make the best decision of what system to go with.  

Thanks! 

------------------------------
    Corey Ragan
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Groveport Madison High School
    Groveport, OH

• 2.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-25-2015 07:18

We have had a fabulous experience with SEAT YOURSELF.  They do  General admission and reserve seating options and custom receipts are available.  The online management platform is easy to navigate and their support staff is really, really responsive and helpful.  I've never emailed David a question that he didn't respond to within the hour.  

And on the user end, it took a little while for student and audiences to adjust, but once they did, they loved it.  If you choose to do it, email me separately and I'll explain how we set up our lobby to efficiently handle everyone who has or hasn't purchased tickets ahead of time and those patrons who forgot to print their tickets.  We still sell tickets at lunch for cash or check and that's what we call our student discount, because they don't have to pay the service charge for each ticket.  We also charge less for advance sales and more for at the door to encourage advance sales. This system has increased both our physical number of patrons at the productions and our gate receipts. 

So much better than managing all this by hand and you are protected with your bookkeeper because you can account for each transaction.  

The only caveat is that you don't collect your gate money until the end of your show.  If you don't have a budget to cover your production costs as you build and rehearse, you won't have the trickle of revenue that comes from pre-sales, or at least, a significantly lesser amount.  

Checks arrive within the week of making an online request for disbursement.  

Hope that helps.  If you want to see how the platform works for a user perspective, we've got a general admission show up now, DNA by Dennis Kelly, at www.eastreservations.org.

Best of luck.

Hope Hynes Love
    Theatre Director
    Chapel Hill NC

• 3.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-25-2015 08:37

BookTix.com - Home

Booktix remove preview
    BookTix.com - Home
    BookTix was founded by experienced producers for their own theatrical endeavors. This problem solving solution mixed with an understanding of box office management is the key to our systems ease of use and problem solving functionality.
    View this on Booktix >

Charles Miller
    West Creek NJ

• 4.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-25-2015 08:38

Brown Paper tickets. Don't know if company is national.

Phillip Rayher
    Director, Theatre Dept.
    Ruth Asawa San Francisco School of the Arts
    San Francisco CA

• 5.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-26-2015 12:07

I would second Brown Paper Tickets.  They were great to work with and the fees were minimal.  

Reserved seating was awesome to finally have!
    Aileen Zeigler
    Theatre Arts Director
    Omaha NE

• 6.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-25-2015 09:53

We've been using Seatyourself for several years and have been very satisfied.  The customer support (helping you through the set-up process, answering questions when they come up) is excellent.

Mark Quinlan
    teacher/director of theater/head speech coach
    Centennial School District, ISD#12
    Circle Pines MN

• 7.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-26-2015 14:19

We've been using seatyourself.biz for a number of years now and our online sales keep increasing.  Easy to use with great customer support.

Seat Yourself - Online Ticketing - Online Ticket Sales Software System

Seatyourself remove preview

Seat Yourself - Online Ticketing - Online Ticket Sales Software System
    Low cost online ticketing software system designed specifically for high schools and colleges who want an affordable way to sell event tickets online.
    View this on Seatyourself >

Shawna Marquis
    Chandler Unified School district
    Gilbert AZ

• 8.  RE: Online Ticketing System

Posted 09-26-2015 18:23

I'd recommend Ticketing and box office solutions, sell tickets online - VBO Tickets

Vbotickets remove preview
    Ticketing and box office solutions, sell tickets online - VBO Tickets
    A fully brandable all-in-one ticketing solution. Sell tickets directly on your website with confidence, backed by our personal approach to customer support.
    View this on Vbotickets >

The guys that run it are super-responsive.

James Thomas Bailey
    Napa CA