Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  New York travel

Posted 09-02-2015 09:05

Hello!  I am looking into taking students to New York for a 5 day excursion.  I have solicited quotes from Educational Travel Consultants, Explorica, and Manhattan Tour and Travel.  If you have used one of these companies, I would love to know about your experience, or, if you know of a different firm you would suggest, please let me know.  Thanks!

------------------------------
    Sara Lee
    Woodland Park CO

• 2.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-02-2015 10:28

I'm using this group this year. In the past I have had trouble getting enough students to make the trip doable. Joan Hahn customizes the trips for you and is wonderful to deal with. We are planning a 3 day trip during Spring Break and seeing 3 shows.

AP

Joan C. Hahn
    President, Travel Passport ,LLC
    1-800-677-4750, office
    joanhahn@juno.com
    www.bucketlisttrips.citymax.com

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-02-2015 17:43

Hi Sara,

I don't have any firsthand experience, but I will refer you to three past threads of discussion here on the forum.

NYC theatre tour guides (March 2015)

NYC tours (October 2014)

Tour companies (July 2014)

Good luck!

Michael McDonough
    New York NY

• 4.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-03-2015 08:47

Hi friends,

This travel company is awesome. They cater the tour to what you want. Meet and greets, master classes, meals, hotel, travel, the whole shootin match. They even give you a guide every day. I used to be a NYCer and I thought I would not need the help. they make is sooooo easy. 

PLEASE PLEASE,  if you are considering using them tell Mary that Ty from Indianapolis recommended you.

Mary Werther

(800) 645-9145 x8930

mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">mwerther@gerbertours.com 

mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">------------------------------
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">Ty Stover
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">Theatre Director
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">University High school of Indiana
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">Carmel IN
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">------------------------------

mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">-------------------------------------------
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">Original Message:
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">Sent: 09-02-2015 09:05
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">From: Sara Lee
    mwerther@gerbertours.com " href="mailto:mwerther@gerbertours.com%20">Subject: New York travel

Hello!  I am looking into taking students to New York for a 5 day excursion.  I have solicited quotes from Educational Travel Consultants, Explorica, and Manhattan Tour and Travel.  If you have used one of these companies, I would love to know about your experience, or, if you know of a different firm you would suggest, please let me know.  Thanks!

Sara Lee
    Woodland Park CO

• 5.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-03-2015 09:10

Worldstrides - the best company! It's a four day, three night whirlwind of NYC and you get to see a Broadway show every night! You also see all the attractions of NYC so you are on your feet all day. But everything is paid for in your price - including all food and accommodations. They take care of you with a personal tour guide which I love and don't have to plan anything! There are also Worldstrides night chaperones in the hallways of your hotel so you can sleep. Highly recommended! 

Sara Danke
    Wisconsin Rapids WI

• 6.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-03-2015 09:13

Thank you for the great resources!

Sara Lee
    Woodland Park CO

• 7.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-03-2015 16:39

Hi Sara.  My wife Marti and I booked a trip to Oberramergau in 2010 with Travel Passport, and it was just amazing!  Joan Hahn, the owner, and her daughter Carla Teasdale, are 2 of the nicest people we have ever met, and they ran a seamless tour.  The have been doing NYC Theatre tours for many years, and are consummate professionals.  Joan taught high school theatre for many years in Utah, is a Past-President of EdTA, and a member of the EdTA Hall of Fame.  Joan's email is:

joantravelp@yahoo.com  

Bob Fowler

Robert Fowler
    Co-Developer
    Interactive Educational Video, LLC
    Chesterfield MO

• 8.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-04-2015 14:04

I use Daniel Ellis with Show Me Tours- fabulous!!!

Tours in New York City & Washington DC | Public, Private, Group Tours

Showmetours remove preview
    Tours in New York City & Washington DC | Public, Private, Group Tours
    Join a walking tour for a few hours. Hire a private step on guide for the day for your coach bus. Get a creative itinerary created for the day with reservations to amazing restaurants and tickets to shows, museums, or attractions.
    View this on Showmetours >

Diana Driver
    Crozet VA

• 9.  RE: New York travel

Posted 09-04-2015 14:36

I have used GerberTours for 8 years now.  I use Mary Werthers.  We have great service and have never been disappointed.  We see 4 Broadway shows, go on a boat cruise to Statue of Liberty, see all the sites (top of the rock; radio city music all, ground zero) and have super workshops.  The best thing is that students can sign up on line so no handling of money.  I go on spring break and many times I take adults as well.  www.gerbertours.com

Patricia Reeves
    Shreveport LA