Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Metamorphoses

Posted 01-21-2014 22:33
    Has anyone produced Mary Zimmerman's Metamorphoses?  I am getting ready to do a production and wondered if you have any advice about staging the "Myrrha" scene. 
    -------------------------------------------
    Ruthie Tutterow
    Director of Fine and Performing Arts

• 2.  RE:Metamorphoses

Posted 01-22-2014 08:54
    I am currently Assistant Stage Managing it at the College Conservatory of Music here in Cincinnati! We aren't going over board with the sexual aspect of the scene, we have created a move that occurs between both actors in the deeper end of our pool and is repeated each time she returns to him. For the attempted drowning we choreographed it in our school's pool with a fight choreographer who could help with the safety issues it creates.

Clare Jaymes
    Intern to the Executive Director
    Educational Theatre Association

• 3.  RE:Metamorphoses

Posted 03-06-2014 02:04
    We had the father wear a blindfold. He sat still the entire time and we choreographed a movement/dance to music that was performed by myrrha each time she entered the room. The movement suggested what happened between them. We held lines while she moved. If you'd like the music, please let me know. Good luck!

Elena Villa

• 4.  RE:Metamorphoses

Posted 03-07-2014 11:28
    We also staged the scene as a dance. Suggestive but not crude.  I might still have a recording of the show. If so, I would be happy to send it to you.

Helen Dixon