Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-13-2015 08:48

We are doing the production of Cinderella this fall and are in need of ideas for the carriage. I am willing to rent or build if anyone has any good ideas I would be greatly appreciated.  Are show is November 19th - 22nd. 

Thank you. 

------------------------------
    Charles Puetzer
    Stage manager
    Michigan City Area Schools
    Michigan City IN

• 2.  RE: Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-13-2015 09:55

Does carriage need to be practical or representative?
    Ralph Adkins
    Albuquerque NM

• 3.  RE: Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-13-2015 13:18
      |   view attached

We are building one now, it is costing us about $2000.  Will have lights and will be maneuverable, with seats for godmother and Cinderella. It is available after September 13.. Happy to rent it to you or sell it if you can ship it from Reno Nevada! contact me at the contact info attached.

Janet Lazarus
    Reno NV

Attachment(s)

docx
    For carriage info.docx   11 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-14-2015 08:48

With a very low budget we built the carriage using a child's metal Cinderella bed frame we purchased from Amazon as the frame and decked it out with yards of gold fabric and flowers.The base is constructed of plywood and then upholstered with wheels attached for movement.  Check out the photo to see the carriage on stage.  If you want more information, please email me with your questions. I also have a very cool transformation dress available for purchase.

Laurie Tyson
    Theatre Director
    Henry County Board of Education
    McDonough GA

• 5.  RE: Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-14-2015 10:36

We are also doing this show this fall.  I LOVE the idea of using the bed frame as the basis for the carriage.  I think it would be cheaper/easier than trying to build everything from scratch.  With the help of our welding/woodshop/ag classes I think I can make it work!  Thanks for the inspiration and help!!!

Michael Hancey
    Musical Theatre Teacher/Theatre Guild Sponsor
    Laramie WY

• 6.  RE: Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-14-2015 11:42

I did Cinderella last year and used the young girls bed that looked like the Cinderella carriage. We put it on a platform that rolled around stage. Connected our horse and it was great! Here's a picture of the bed. I couldn't find a photo of ours but I'll look. It worked great! And then we put little lights on it. It was really cool on stage.

Theresa     

Theresa Dick

• 7.  RE: Carriage for Cinderella

Posted 08-14-2015 15:56

I am near Kokomo, Indiana if you want to drive to my school to rent or buy my Cinderella carriage. See attached photos and let me know if you are interested. 

Ann Hileman
    Indiana Chapter Director
    Peru IN