Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Leap Of Faith!

Posted 08-12-2015 15:13

Performing Arts has been a part of my life since childhood. I grew up singing in choirs and part of dance and drama troupes.  The valuable life and leadership skills l developed from those experiences have contributed significantly to who I am today.  

As a mother, I want my children to experience performing arts like I did, but, I have not been able to find programs that come close to what I know in my area.  I decided to start the Next Star Performing Arts Center, a place where children ages 5 to 13 develop a love for Performing Arts while learning valuable life and leadership skills. 

Our doors will open in September, we will start by teaching Acting, Creative Writing and Public speaking and add on more classes as we go along.  It is a step of faith, my children will be one of my first students, but, I believe I will be making a difference in my own small way. My mission is to develop leadership skills, promote creativity and confidence among children through the use of Performing Arts! I have no idea where this journey will lead me, but , I am excited about paying it forward!

#DareToBecome!

------------------------------
    Amma Gatty
    Artistic Director
    Next Star Performing Arts Center
    Richmond, VA
    ------------------------------