Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Narnia

Posted 07-21-2015 13:06

Dear Artistic Directors,

I am doing the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe this fall. Does anyone know of a place to rent or buy animal costumes like the Lion, beaver, centaur, faun, wolf, dwarf?

------------------------------
    Susan Cox
    Drama Director
    La Crescenta CA

• 2.  RE: Narnia

Posted 07-21-2015 14:20

I've produced LWW a few times.  My favorite: we used makeup, ears, and tails to suggest the animals.  The base costumes were like Hook/Lost Boys.  Aslan had a beautiful purple long coat.  It would be fun to take that a step further and do a Steampunkesque style. 

The Costumer does a rental, but they don't have any pics on the site so I don't know the style of their set, but I have had good results renting other items from them.

Amy Learn
    Ballwin MO

• 3.  RE: Narnia

Posted 07-22-2015 11:21

I also did LWW last year. As Father Christmas and Aslan were double cast, we decided to use masks, tails, and other apppendages attached to WWII era clothes (or as close as we could get); because he had about two minutes to switch characters. White Witch was herself, but her henchmen wore black with Nazi style armbands. Tumnus wore 3" pumps. The masks were built by my advanced drama students using plasticine clay on mask forms and a celastic-like material (that I can't remember the name of right now) to make the masks themselves.

James Gunn
    Teacher
    Madera CA

• 4.  RE: Narnia

Posted 09-02-2015 11:23

Amy, James and Sharon

I wanted to thank you for your creative solutions to Narnia. I look forward to a great show with your advice and help...Susan

Susan Cox
    Drama Director
    La Crescenta CA