Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Lesson Plan Template

Posted 06-23-2015 11:11

Does any one have an effective Lesson Plan template (theatre 9-12) that they would be willing to share electronically. I created one of my own with abbrviated state and nat'l standards on the flip side for ez-acess  but it is still messy and overy complicated.  I primarily do unit  as opposed to daily lesson plans. (I am in florida  so if you have a way of indicating NGSSS standards that would be a bonus). Thanks in advance for any responses.

Scott

------------------------------
    Scott Keys
    Sarasota FL

• 2.  RE: Lesson Plan Template

Posted 06-25-2015 14:58
      |   view attached

I took on the challenge, as I'm looking to document my own lesson plans for myself and for watchful administration :)

This one has a color-coded tag at the top with National Core Arts Standards plus space for 'other' standards. The NCAS are listed for theatre in abbreviated form with a check box next to them. I admit this is more of a daily lesson plan template (hence the minutes column for folks like myself who like to guestimate wrongly how long segments are going to take), as well as boxes for instructional content, student activity (i.e. what guided practice then independent practice will they do), plus space for homework, plus a wonderful Teacher notes at the bottom, which could be used to reflect on afterwards, or any other considerations. It certainly can be adapted; I adapted it from a couple of sources, but the addition of the NCAS is unique, and I have not found any effective theatre teacher lesson design templates. 

With minor tweaking, this could be adapted into a unit design plan, possibly. Change minutes to weeks, change the Instructional/Student activity boxes, etc. 

Have fun! I'm off to write lessons. :)

Phillip Goodchild
    Theatre Arts Instructor/Assistant Department Head of English
    Hillsborough County Schools
    Ruskin FL

Attachment(s)