Open Forum

View Only

Getting Fundraisers Approved

• 1.  Getting Fundraisers Approved

Posted 01-08-2014 17:07
    Every year, my troupe raises money to go to Thespian Festival in June. We are normally able to raise between $500-600 to help one or two students lower the cost slightly. The reason this is as much as we are able to raise is that our administration will reject fundraisers that will likely raise over $500.On top of that, many times they will also only allow one or two fundraisers.

We have tried explaining, and getting this change and every attempt has been unsuccessful so far. I have decided I am going to make another attempt, include more students, and get some parents involved.

I was wondering if anyone else had run into this issue? If so, how did you deal with getting fundraisers approved?

Also, if we are able to get one approved, I really want it to be one that we know will raise LOTS, since it may be one of the only chances we get. Does anyone have suggestions for fundraisers that tend to be really successful. I have several ideas, but I am unsure of how much they will raise.

Thank you in advance.  

-------------------------------------------
    Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair

-------------------------------------------