Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-23-2015 17:46

Greetings, all!

I am desperate for a good Gingy puppet for SHREK that starts June 12! The ones I can find are either too small or too expensive. I am almost ready to build my own but appeal to you for help. Does anyone have a good (pair of) Gingy puppets they can lend or affordably rent to me for a (quickly) upcoming production of SHREK?

------------------------------
    Mark A Zimmerman
    Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Akron Public Schools

• 2.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-24-2015 11:56

Check out Stage Monkey Design and Consulting

We have several to rent. You can check for availability. Let them know I sent you :-)

Tamara Griffey

• 3.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-25-2015 12:29

Thanks for the tip. I have found your website difficult to navigate.

Mark A Zimmerman
    Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Akron Public Schools

• 4.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-26-2015 10:45

Hi Mark,

A former student recently directed the show and rented the puppet from PropRentalsNY, PropRentalsNY.com - Long Island And New York's Best Source For Props!

Proprentalsny remove preview
    PropRentalsNY.com - Long Island And New York's Best Source For Props!
    Play Association: 1776 - Addams Family, The - Annie Get Your Gun - Little Women - Me and My Girl - Mystery of Edwin Drood, The - Oklahoma - Pirates of Penzance, The - Shrek - Titanic
    View this on Proprentalsny >

Break a leg!

Jim Hoare
    New York NY

• 5.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-24-2015 21:20

I have them for rent. One is mounted on a cookie sheet, the other, identical with "repaired feet" is free standing. They both can be operated with one hand -  movable mouth - we had the "tortured one" on cookie sheet" held by two guards with SP Fairy behind. Later, she held the "repaired" Gingy on her own. About 24" tall, 3" thick, they look exactly like the standard Gingy.

They are in storage so a pic will be hard to manage, but I will try if you think they might work for you. Rental is $100 per week, and you pay the shipping to and from. (I am in New Jersey so it may not be that much - unless you need them "next day")

Hope this helps.

Ron Wells

• 6.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-24-2015 21:37

They aren't that difficult to make, if you don't want to rent one.  Our's aren't  for rent/loan, but I just made them out of 2" green foam (available at a fabric store), painted with fabric paint (had to hand mix to get the right color) and attached the eyes/buttons.  The trim is painted air puff modelling clay.  Dries super light.  Painted and glued on with gorilla glue so it stays.  Here's a picture....

Shileah Corey
    Mountlake Terrace WA

• 7.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-27-2015 15:12

Looks as if Kent State will be producing the show - opening July 10 for a 2 week run. Maybe they're ahead of the curve and have theirs completed or would be willing to share expenses.

Michael McDonough
    New York NY

• 8.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-28-2015 23:50

We're already in summer mode here but I'll be at school tomorrow. No promises yet, but I can see if we still have our Gingy's and if we do, I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping. (They are the easiest thing to make with a sheet of closed cell foam brown felt and some simple adornments.) Ours were excellently crafted by a genius costumer mom and look great.

email me at Brian.mead@matsuk12.us

James Mead
    Director of Drama
    Palmer AK

• 9.  RE: Gingy Puppets for SHREK

Posted 05-29-2015 06:57

Thanks. That would be awesome.

Mark A Zimmerman
    Theatre Director