Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Senior Gift Ideas

Posted 05-22-2015 08:32

Hi all!

So I am asking for some advice. I usually get my senior graduates a DVD with all four years of photos on it set to music. After just having a baby, this is too much for me to get together this year. I am trying to think of another gift to get them. Something awesome and memorable. Something that will make them feel super special. Money is not an issue. Any ideas???

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Carolyn Little
    High School English Teacher
    Toms River Board of Education
    Beachwood NJ

• 2.  RE: Senior Gift Ideas

Posted 05-22-2015 11:27

This was actually given to me by a group of seniors when they were going to graduate. They got a ceramic plate, decorated it, baked it (to set the decorations) and gave it to me. It wasn't difficult or expensive but was deeply personal. 

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Senior Gift Ideas

Posted 05-23-2015 06:51

One year I got each senior a fleece blanket and had the theatre dept logo embroidered on one corner.  That was pricey.  Now I get hoodie sweat shirts made up w our logo on front and the logo from each show they were in over 4 years on the back,with a catchy theatrical phrase...or a worlde, or a quote....kids love them costs me abt $30 per kid. I also host an end of the year play breakfast for all kids and staff of plays.  Each student gets a ribbon.  Those are super cheep.  I give out 5 scholarships per year also.  One is $200 to the student moving on to study theatre in college.  Hope this helps. Ribbons are from Jones awards.com
    Christine Dougherty
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Delsea Regional School District
    Franklinville NJ

• 4.  RE: Senior Gift Ideas

Posted 05-23-2015 15:22

I give my seniors a charm necklace or key change.  I put on drama masks, music note, a heart, and a duckie (but that's for a fun awards program we have and would not translate!) I also, for one show during the year, give them all a charm that is representative of the show we did.  This year it was a fish (Big Fish was our last show.)  They can add those charms to the necklace or key chain.  The kids love them. 

Shileah Corey
    Mountlake Terrace WA

• 5.  RE: Senior Gift Ideas

Posted 05-24-2015 20:12

Lots of great gift ideas in the WdTA catalog. Pretty affordBle too. 

Scott Hasbrouck
    Wheat Ridge CO