Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Travel insurance for NYC

Posted 05-06-2015 15:26
    I've been reading your posts about tour companies for NYC. They have been very helpful, but I'm wondering about trip insurance. What are your experiences with this? Do you need it? (injury, death, delay in the city due to disaster circumstances is what comes to mind) What parts of the insurance are necessary to protect me, the teacher? Is it something that can be purchased somewhere if you organize the tour yourself?

------------------------------
    Rosemary Milsap
    Drama Teacher, Dir. of Cedar Theatre
    Athens GA

• 2.  RE: Travel insurance for NYC

Posted 05-07-2015 10:51
    I have used Promusica Tours and cannot say enough about them!  They do offer additional insurance for cancellation as well as providing an overall coverage.  Check with your school, we have an insurance form that students are required to fill out... I always explain it as the "I have permission to have them fix your leg if you "break a leg".  :)

Kendra Walls
    Rome0 MI

• 3.  RE: Travel insurance for NYC

Posted 05-08-2015 08:11
    Thanks Kendra, I did just contact promusica based on previous threads of conversation on this forum. I am concerned beyond just medical needs though. I want insurance that covers problems that could put me in the liability hotseat: death, delay in the city due to city-wide crisis, etc. (I'm thinking worst case scenario here). Thanks for getting back. 

Rosemary Milsap
    Drama Teacher, Dir. of Cedar Theatre
    Athens GA