Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Proposal to Attend National Conference

Posted 05-01-2015 08:54

I am preparing a proposal for my principal to request financial support to attend the National Conference in October.

I found the Justification Toolkit (thank you!) but was curious to hear from people who have attended in the past regarding the benefits. This is my first year here, and the teacher before me did not have a Thespian troupe. We chartered our troupe this year and inducted nine students in April. My administration is very supportive, but I will need to be able to explain how this will help our program.

Thanks for any feedback!

------------------------------
    Dianne Daniels
    Birmingham AL

• 2.  RE: Proposal to Attend National Conference

Posted 05-03-2015 08:28

Dianne,

I have only had the opportunity to attend twice because of when the conference falls on my school schedule, but I can guarantee that every time I have attended, I have walked away with practical, hands-on activities I can use in my classroom, and greater knowledge of my craft.  However, the biggest asset for me, has been time to sit down and gain insight, ideas, and information from veteran theatre teachers.  These are the people who can tell you what can work easily, what you should try, what you should pass on, and how to get the job done.  They will provide you with a great education, along with the workshop leaders, of course. 

Best of luck!

Carolyn Cork Greer
    Owensboro KY