Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Comedic Monologue

Posted 12-08-2013 01:29
    Hi guys! I am looking for a comedic monologue to contrast with my dramatic monologue from Brighton Beach Memoirs. I'm relatively new to acting, (because I tend design, direct, and stage manage ) so I am looking for something that is pretty not too advanced. I'm open to whatever suggestions you have. I am just looking for something that is pretty simple, but good material! Thank you so much! Katie An

-------------------------------------------
    Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile

• 2.  RE:Comedic Monologue

Posted 12-09-2013 12:50

Hi sweetie!

Take a look at Love, Lose, & What I Wore by Nora and Delia Ephron. It is mostly monologues and has a good variety! Also, take a look at Snap Shots. I know you can get it from Playscripts. It is a mixture of monologues and scenes. I use "Speak Now" from Snap Shots all the time. It is my go to monologue! Oh, I could go on and on all day about Theatrefolk. If you don't know them, take a look! They have great monologues for middle and high school students! Being in college, there are a few of their monologues I still use to this day!!

If you want a less contemporary, take a look at the little sister's monologue in Tucker's Ridge or even some of the younger females in The Diviners (the adam and eve monologue is GREAT!)

I'm gonna to attach some monologues to this response.... These are a few monologues that are a little out there, but just in case you want to use one, they are there for you!

Feel free to contact me further! I have a wide range of monologues saved! I'm always glad to help!!

Grae Greer
    Marshall University

• 3.  RE:Comedic Monologue

Posted 12-09-2013 18:13
    Thank you so much! This helps a lot!! I will definitely contact you if I have more questions! 

Katie Siegel
    ITO Chair

• 4.  RE:Comedic Monologue

Posted 12-09-2013 23:11
    David Lindsay Abaire has some wonderful comedic gyms sprinled into his more serious pieces including Rabbit Hole and one of my personal favorites Maggie from A History Lesson about a tour guide having a rough day 

I absolutely love Brighton Beach so knock it out of the park for me! Neil Simon has some funny monologues in his other works! 

Malissa (Maggie) Little
    ITO Region 3 Representative