Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Post Show Reflection/wrap up

Posted 04-10-2015 22:13

After we complete a show, the class discusses what they learned, how they grew, etc.  Sometimes I make pages for each student, and they all write something complimentary on each others' papers. Sometimes they do a self-assessment.  I usually attach a grade to their performance so they sometimes grade themselves based on a rubric.  

We just completed our first musical then went off to spring break.  I'm trying to think of something a little more original that we haven't done in the past to reflect and assess their performances and the production in general.  Any fresh ideas out there?

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Debbie MacKinney
    Theatre Teacher, CTE Technical Theater, Troupe 7334 Advisor
    Tanque Verde Unified School District
    Tucson AZ
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Post Show Reflection/wrap up

Posted 04-12-2015 22:24
    We do a Compliment Circle after class performances in Drama 1-2 and Performing Arts All sit in a circle , one goes into middle and 3 comments are made to actor. 2 wishes and a Hope. Each comment starts with .. "I wish etc..." "I hope etc..." It is very quick takes one class period and they Love it! I got this from a EDTA conference years and years ago! ------------------------------ Brenda Amburgy Lacey WA ------------------------------

• 3.  RE:Post Show Reflection/wrap up

Posted 04-13-2015 21:56
    I love this idea, Brenda! Stealing it! Thanks for sharing it!

-------------------------------------------
    Lorie Baldwin
    High School Theater Teacher and Director
    Richboro PA
    -------------------------------------------

Sent via Higher Logic Mobile