Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Welding/Fabrication Help Needed

Posted 04-10-2015 14:18
    I am in immediate need of a custom steel fabrication job on a scenic piece for a production of Beauty and the Beast in the Cincinnati area.  I have been back and forth through all of my contacts and just had the last person pull out today :-(  The show is on April 23-25.....so immediate commitment and completion is critical.  Does anyone out there have anyone they can put me in contact with?

------------------------------
    Scott Hayward
    Mason OH

• 2.  RE: Welding/Fabrication Help Needed

Posted 04-10-2015 14:54

Hi Scott!

Have you tried checking in with any of the local university fine arts programs? I know that Northern Kentucky University has skilled professors and/or students in steel fabrication with access to an excellent studio.

I have used sculpture students from universities in the past for just this type of job who are usually willing to work for a small stipend if you can provide materials. And it's a great addition to their portfolios!

Angel Wuellner
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Welding/Fabrication Help Needed

Posted 04-10-2015 15:06
    The University of Cincinnati's Theatre Production and Design program has welder's and would probably love to help you out on the project. I just graduated last year and would be happy to connect you with the head technical direction professor. 

Clare Jaymes
    Executive Assistant to the Executive Director
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH