Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-01-2015 07:45
    Hello All: We are doing Shrek this July for our summer musical and are looking for Duloc and Farquaad costumes to rent or buy at the right price. Another item we are having trouble finding are Shrek hands if you happen to have any of those. Many places are out of stock. Thanks so much for any assistance! ------------------------------ Eric Antey Director Newburgh IN ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-02-2015 08:56

We have 16 yellow rubber wigs for Duloc that we are willing to sell, if you are interested. As for the Duloc costumes, we used blue t-shirts, white shorts, and felt material in strips for suspenders, which we pinned in place. The whole outfit ended up being about $10 apiece. The wigs were the most expensive item. We also have a foam Shrek cowl for sale as well.
    ------------------------------
    Bruce Taws
    Panama City FL

• 3.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-14-2015 16:09

I have Farquaad costumes as well as the leg "rigging" that I am willing to rent or sell. You can see pictures on our Pinterest account (Lhs Playmakers) if you like. All the hands that we looked at were crazy big and the actor couldn't manipulate his fingers at all in them. I have some that we didn't use that I would be happy to sell you if you like.  What we ended up doing is getting work gloves (like used in a shop or in gardening) in a size slightly larger than the actors might wear for work. We painted them a green to match the cowl and makeup and put in some knuckle and nail details with a brown sharpie. They were not as unwieldy and, from a distance, they looked even better than the ones that are being sold online. I still remember a couple of girls sitting down with the pot of makeup and the acrylic paints mixing and matching until they got the right color.  I took a picture of the 5 or so pairs of gloves hanging up to dry on a clothesline in the dressing room. Quite funny!  Email me if you need more information.

dixonh@luhsd.net

Helen Dixon
    Oakley CA

• 4.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 02-27-2018 11:29
    Is the leg rigging system still available to be rented?

Kelly Blackwood
    Lafayette TN

• 5.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-02-2015 09:01
    I may be able to sell you our duloc costumes... I'll have to check. My Farquaad costume was made of satin and it tore at the seams throughout the week.

Karissa Talty
    Troupe Director
    Springfield MO

• 6.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-02-2015 09:20
    We have the full show to rent. Might be available for your time vey reasonable. Top quality. Havre rented all over contry. Check out our website, appletonnorththeatre.com for pics. Message if interested. ------------------------------ Ron Parker Appleton WI ------------------------------

• 7.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-02-2015 09:34
      |   view attached
    I've attempted to attach a pic of our Duloc costume in progress. I am staging Shrek April 17-19. If you want to talk about buying/renting these costumes, message me at dconnor@masd.us For Shrek hands, we are painting garden gloves. The ones you can buy are soooo bulky that they can't do anything with them. ------------------------------ Denise Connor English/Drama Teacher Montoursville PA ------------------------------

• 8.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-02-2015 10:05

We just did Shrek this Fall.  I have Shrek hands.  I will agree that they are so large that they are difficult to do anything in.  My Shrek was able to use them but not Fiona.

We made our Duloc wigs out of yellow yarn and stocking caps.  

Aileen Zeigler
    Theatre Arts Director
    Omaha NE

• 9.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 04-14-2015 16:13

I think we got our Duloc wigs from Oriental Trading or some company like that. ($6 each, I think)  They have very cheap page boy style wigs which had a great "cheesy" look. I think I have 10-12 of them. I would be willing to sell them for less if someone is interested.

Helen Dixon
    Oakley CA

dixonh@luhsd.net

• 10.  RE: Shrek Duloc and Farquaad costumes and Shrek hands

Posted 02-27-2018 18:30
    I have a Farquaad head I am probably willing to part with.

Mark A. Zimmerman,

Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Firestone Community Learning Center
    470 Castle Blvd
    Akron, Ohio 44313

Troupe 5570

mzimmerm@apslearn.org