Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Viewpoints Training?

Posted 03-22-2015 10:15
    Any suggestions on where I can get some Viewpoints training?  I know about the SITI training but I can't make those dates.  Thanks.

------------------------------
    Sandra Dietel
    Blythewood SC

• 2.  RE: Viewpoints Training?

Posted 03-24-2015 08:16
    Have you purchased the book yet? I find it very helpful! 

Kala Cookendorfer
    Speech and Drama Teacher
    Morehead KY

• 3.  RE: Viewpoints Training?

Posted 03-28-2015 21:39

At the Florida State festival, my students told me about a wonderful workshop led by Erin Carr on Viewpoints. They said it was really, really useful, well taught, accessible, and something they felt they could confidently put into practice themselves going forward. Bless! Hopefully they'll also read a book too. :)

I suspect that Erin Carr's class might be offered elsewhere at other EdTA state festivals...at least, I hope so! Going to catch it myself!

Phillip Goodchild
    Ruskin FL

• 4.  RE: Viewpoints Training?

Posted 04-21-2015 12:09
    Sandra,

Will you be attached the EdTA Conference 2015 in Tampa, FL later this fall? I will be teaching an advanced workshop on Viewpoints as well as several at the National Thespian Festival in Lincoln, Nebraska this coming June.

Some of my favorite resources include:
    • An Acrobat of the Heart: A Physical Approach to Acting Inspired by the Work of Jerzy Growtowski by Stephen Wangh
    • Towards A Poor Theatre by Jerzy Grotowski
    • The Viewpoints Book: A Practical Guide to Viewpoints and Composition by Anne Bogart and Tina Landau
    • Mary Overlies' Viewpoints website: http://www.sixviewpoints.com/index.html
    • And Then, You Act by Anne Bogart

Please feel free to message me if you are looking for more specific Viewpoints exercises/activities.

Erin Carr
    Cincinnati OH