Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Thoroughly Modern Millie

Posted 03-18-2015 11:52

Hello To All,

I am in the middle of rehearsals for Thoroughly Modern Millie.  We are in need of 14 rolling desks.  If you know where I can find them or if you have them please message me.  Our production in April 9th through the 12th.  We are located in Brentwood TN.  Thank you all.

------------------------------
    Brian Kaufman
    Theatre Director
    Ravenwood High School
    Brentwood TN

• 2.  RE: Thoroughly Modern Millie

Posted 03-18-2015 15:55
    I'm sorry I should clarify, we need 14 Rolling Desk/Chairs for the Stenogs.

Brian Kaufman
    Theatre Director
    Ravenwood High School
    Brentwood TN

• 3.  RE: Thoroughly Modern Millie

Posted 03-19-2015 07:36

We made ours, they were a beast to make. What we did was make sure the ones closer to the front were completely beautiful and didn't worry so much about the ones in the back. We borrowed from Harrisonburg HS but they had already sold their desks, so we had to make them. The design had the seat attached to the desk so they roll as one moving piece.

Victoria Kesling Councill
    Chapter Director - VA EdTA/ Virginia Thespians
    Theatre Director- Fine & Performing Arts Department NKHS
    Artistic Director - NKHS Trojan Theatre
    Artistic Director - Kent England Exchange Production
    Virginia Commonwealth University BFA Theatre Education, BFA Art Education '08
    University of Houston - MA in Theatre Candidate '16

"Love the art in yourself and not yourself in the art." - Konstantin Stanislavski

• 4.  RE: Thoroughly Modern Millie

Posted 03-19-2015 07:40
    St Cecilia did Millie some time ago, they may be a good place to start locally? ------------------------------ Kelli Ware McClendon Nashville TN ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Thoroughly Modern Millie

Posted 03-20-2015 10:53
    We used old student chair desk combos from storage that had wheels welded onto the bottom of the legs. On the front we attached a decorative piece. It was an easy way to make 14 desks...much easier than building them. They painted up nicely and were easy to get on and off stage quickly as well as move during the dance.

Susan Cortesi
    Director of Theatre
    District 87
    Bloomington IL