Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Student Director Job Description

Posted 03-05-2015 09:46
    Would anyone be willing to share a job description/application/requirements form that you use for student directors? Last spring was the first time I used a student director with great success, but this year I've had some issues with students thinking using the position as time to socialize with their friends and/or boss them around. I think making it a more formal process to apply and setting forth some expectations would help. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Student Director Job Description

Posted 03-05-2015 10:29

I use our state high school theatre festival as a Senior project. In the past I've just chosen the director from the students I knew could do a good job and who needed the experience before they went to college. It's becoming more popular so I'm in the same situation. I'm planning on having an interview process. Some things I'm planning on putting in the requirements/contract/agreement:

Script chosen w/ instructors approval. 

No changes to the script w/o permission.

Open auditions.

Instructor has the last word.

Follow all school mandated purchase procedures.

Rehearsal schedule posted.

Hope this helps some. It's still a work in progress since I don't need it until Spring, 2016

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: Student Director Job Description

Posted 03-05-2015 14:26
      |   view attached
    I have a general application form that my kids have to use to apply to direct. Feel free to steal, adjust, and use :)

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ