Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Source 4 Revolution Intelligent Lighting Instruments

Posted 10-24-2016 12:13

We recently moved in to our beautiful new facility at the Akron School for the Arts / Firestone CLC. It is very well appointed with equipment including a total of ten (10) Source 4 Revolution intelligent instruments.

Unfortunately, we are unfamiliar with these particular instruments and do not know how to best use them in house hang or in production. Can someone shed any light on how they use these instruments or ones like them in their facility?

They are the basic unit without any of the modules. Therefore, they have full movement, change colors with a scroller, and can change field size. They do NOT have modules for an iris, static wheel, rotating wheel, or shutter; although I expect to buy some or all of these modules in the future.

I look forward to hearing how you use Source 4 Revolution lighting instruments in your designs so I can start doing so, too.

------------------------------
    Mark A. Zimmerman,

Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts / Firestone CLC
    Firestone High School
    470 Castle Blvd,
    Akron, Ohio 44313

Troupe 5570

• 2.  RE: Source 4 Revolution Intelligent Lighting Instruments

Posted 10-25-2016 06:20

The source Four Rev. would be more beneficial to use front of house on a regular basis, they allow you to change up front light add texture, change color or move areas, you can also use them over the stage for specials or to achieve movement with lighting.

They do not work well as a followspot unless you add additional technology suck as the follow spot server unit from Syncrolite

When using them remember you will want to get them into position where you want the light before bringing up the intensity.

Also make sure that you have spare lamps on hand as many supply houses do not have the lamps for these in stock.

Jerry Onik
    V.P. Theatrical Supplies and Equipment
    Omaha NE

• 3.  RE: Source 4 Revolution Intelligent Lighting Instruments

Posted 10-25-2016 20:07

Thanks. This is good advice.

Unfortunately, they did not leave us enough space to hang these in the FOH position. We might be able to figure something out inthe long run.

I will be sure to stock some replacement lamps!

Mark A. Zimmerman,

Theatre Director
    Akron School for the Arts
    Firestone High School
    333 Rampart Avenue,
    Akron, Ohio 44313

Troupe 5570