EdTA Theatre Education Conference

View Only
  • 1.  Sensory-Friendly Workshop on Saturday

Posted 09-12-2019 16:34
    ​Good Evening,

Have you thought about offering an accessible theatre experience through your school's drama program? Producing a relaxed, sensory-friendly performance of a show from your school's season requires a small amount of additional effort and can make a huge impact on your community. My Seven Simple Steps to a Sensory-Friendly Production workshop will guide you through seven easily-achieved, budget-friendly steps you can take to turn your school performance into a sensory-friendly event.

Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to educate their administration about the benefits of hosting a sensory-friendly performance, lead their staff and volunteers through the seven steps to creating a sensory-friendly experience, and approach their upcoming productions with a universal design mentality.

Have a great weekend and see you in the Fulton Ferry room on September 21st at 2 pm.

------------------------------
    Matthew Belopavlovich
    Patel Conservatory Theater Artistic Director
    FTC Middle School Festival Chair
    Tampa FL

• 2.  RE: Sensory-Friendly Workshop on Saturday

Posted 09-12-2019 18:03
    I'm looking forward to this workshop!  I am currently writing my dissertation on sensory friendly theatre.

Pat Santanello

Patricia J. Santanello
    Educational Theatre Association - Ohio Chapter
    Co-Chapter Director
    Dublin Scioto High School
    psdirector2003@hotmail.com
    Dublin, Ohio