EdTA Theatre Education Conference

View Only
  • 1.  Speak Truth to Power Workshop

Posted 09-15-2019 22:51
    Hi all
    First I want to introduce myself- I'm Karen Sarah Watson and I live a few blocks away from the conference. Both Lindsay Shields and I are Brooklynites and can answer any questions about the area or about the city in general.  You may see my red schwinn bike parked outside the conference!

Also I want to introduce my workshop to those that did not attend at last years conference.  The Speak Truth to Power workshop is based on The Robert F Kennedy Human Right's education program. We merge theatre and human rights by taking the words of human rights defenders from Ariel Dorfman's play Voices From Beyond the Dark: Speak Truth To Power and bringing them to life. If you are looking for ways to being social justice into your theater program- this is a great workshop for that.

I look forward to seeing everyone and let me know if you have any questions. Oh and Juniors is rights around the corner from the Marriott if you're into cheesecake!

Safe travels to all!

• 2.  RE: Speak Truth to Power Workshop

Posted 09-16-2019 12:53
    Karen, I am so glad you're coming back! My colleague and I took your workshop last year, were totally inspired by it, and have used the work in our classrooms. I recommend this workshop highly!

------------------------------
    Janis Valdes
    St. Louis MO
    ------------------------------