Open Forum

View Only

Metamorphoses Technical Logistics

• 1.  Metamorphoses Technical Logistics

Posted 03-21-2022 08:50
    Hello!
    Scenes from Metamorphoses is coming along beautifully.  The play has been blocked, the set structure is built, I have a filter and a heater, a parent volunteer who works with pool chemicals at a local community pool.  and the music has been written.  We open on April 21st.  Our pool is 10X12 and is 12" deep, will probably have from 6-8' of water.  I am reaching out to those of you who have designed or directed the play with water.  I am attaching a pic of the raw set.
    Scenes from Metamorphoses Set

1. Our boardwalk around the pool is floored with plywood that we will paint in an old-world stone effect.  Do I need to apply a clear no-slip sealant on the boardwalk or just steps and the raked platform?  What kind on non-slip products do you recommend for painted plywood?
    2. What kind of mops did you use in the Kingfisher transition between scene 3 & 4 and after 5 (Narcissus transition)?  String?  Microfiber? What are the most absorbent?
    3. Were all actors barefoot when on stage?
    4. What sort of undergarments did actors wear under costumes?
    5. Since there aren't set changes, we will have plenty of room backstage.  What sort of warming stations did you set up?  What kind of absorbent entrance or bath mats do you recommend?
    6. My props and set crews will not have the same demands they typically do in a show.  What kind of jobs did you have your backstage crew doing?  Have towels and flip-flops ready? Mop backstage after actors exit?
    7. I have parents donating large space dehumidifiers to run backstage when not performing, as well as space heaters and old towels.  Are there other items I should be asking parents for?
    8. Did you split up the costume drying among your costume crew members?
    9. What did your preshow and postshow to-do lists look like?
    10. How did you drain your pool at the end of the run? I have a heavy-duty pond liner in place and will fill it with a hose attached to the prop room sink.
    11. Did you cover the pool during the school day to protect it from mischievous students?  If so, how did you do that?
    12. Any other backstage logistics you can think of would be amazing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and respond to any of the questions!
    Katie Alley
    beardentheatre.com

------------------------------
    Katie Alley
    Theatre Teacher
    TN
    ------------------------------