Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Summer Jr & Sr High Curriculum

Posted 03-27-2022 15:12
    Hello everyone,

Our non-profit performing arts organization is planning to do a 2-week summer camp, late July/early August time frame, for Jr & Sr High School students and end it with a musical production. I would like to hear from everyone on ideas or if you have an actual curriculum that you use, to get a copy of it, how much you charge for the program, and do you pay your instructors [and if so how much]?

Any helpful suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

David

------------------------------
    David B. Thomas
    President
    Huber Heights Performing Arts
    PO Box 24023
    Huber Heights Ohio 45424-0023
    ITS Alumni/Professional Member

• 2.  RE: Summer Jr & Sr High Curriculum

Posted 03-31-2022 14:05
    Hi David! I would try using the search function to look for past conversations about "summer camp." There are some great ideas! Here are a couple to get you started:

Theatre Summer Camp

Summer Theatre "Camp"

Summer Youth Theatre Camp

I would also check out children's theatres, who typically offer these kinds of camps. Speaking from personal experience, I worked as a teaching artist with the Lexington Children's Theatre, who has an amazing summer theatre program. Click on the link to review their offerings and prices. And as a parent currently investigating summer camp options for my own kids, it seems like almost every kind of camp is between $100-$300 a week for full day programming :)   

Has anyone reading this organized a summer camp? What advice can you share with David?

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    OH