Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Help Needed

Posted 05-10-2022 14:13
    Our troupe is a club. I can only meet once per week for about 2 hours. I need content for our district festival in November. I am looking for monologues and duet scenes specifically. Also, suggestions for solo, duet, small group and large group musical ideas for middle schoolers. 

The City of Pembroke Pines is a public entity subject to Chapter 119 of the Florida statutes concerning public records. Email messages are covered under Chapter 119 and are thus subject to public records disclosure. All email messages sent and received are captured by our server and retained as public records.

• 2.  RE: Help Needed

Posted 05-11-2022 10:26
    Check out the one act Door to Door by Flip Kobler and Cindy Marcus that is published with Pioneer Drama.  We used it for competition this past year and it was so well-received.  The publisher is really okay with making changes (we switched around the scenes and monologues and omitted a few for time constraints).  It has lots of duo or small ensemble scenes and a series of monologues in it that could easily be used alone for IEs at competition if you like.  Many of the troupes who saw our one act came and asked for the details because they wanted to use a scene for competition the following year.

And...we only had about an hour a week to rehearse to get it ready.  Since the scenes were all sort of separate with different characters, it was easy for students to rehearse on their own.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------
    Amy MacCord
    Musical Theatre Teacher
    Westwood Middle School
    FL
    ------------------------------