Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Letters and jacket/sweater

Posted 09-22-2015 12:24

Hi all!

I just got word that my theater kids will be allowed to letter this year!  I have to come up with a patch and letter design (I think I have something) very quickly.  Also we are thinking of doing a sweater instead of a jacket.  We want it to be unique and make a statement for our kids, as well and keeping with the spirit of our school.  I would love to hear your thoughts, experiences and see any pics you would care to share.  I am also interested in keeping cost down to students.

Again...I have to get this in fast for final approval!  Thanks for any suggestions!

------------------------------
    Georgann Lanich
    Tallulah Falls GA

• 2.  RE: Letters and jacket/sweater

Posted 09-23-2015 10:03

Having done some apparel branding for my company, my best advice would be to buy through a local dealer in your area rather than choosing from the countless internet shops.

Having tried both routes, I've had much better results with apparel going through a local business because it's nearly impossible to gauge the quality of the material/craftsmanship when buying online.

Alternatively, if you DO go the internet shop route, I'd recommend having them print/embroider on a reputable "named" apparel brand like American Apparel or something similar.  They typically cost more, but the difference in quality can be pretty stark.  

The first time I had a bunch of t-shirts made, I went the cheap route and while the online picture looked great, the material was so thin as to almost be see-through.  Since then, I've been using American Apparel shirts (which they get wholesale), and have had far better results.  Plus, you can have people go to the local AA shop and try stuff on, in order to ensure the right fit.

Brian Bird
    Co Director
    Broadway Life: Student Group Travel
    http://www.Broadway.Life
    info@broadway.life
    (212)-321-0950

• 3.  RE: Letters and jacket/sweater

Posted 09-23-2015 13:22

Hi, Georgann

That's so exciting for your Thespians! I wish I had been eligible to receive Thespian patches when I was in high school.

I'm not sure if you've found them yet, but we do have ITS patches available through the EdTA Store at High school honors - EdTA - Educational Theatre Association.

They are available in a few different price ranges. One advantage is that they have pre-approved ITS logos and branding.  If you decide to create your own patches (or other honor items that use ITS or EdTA logos), we would ask that you contact us at members@schooltheatre.org for our branding guidelines for the ITS logo/icon and have our team double-check designs before having them professionally produced.

Have fun!

Brian Benz
    Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Covington KY