Home

Browse the Community

• Lara Russo: Oooooo!  The monologue idea based on the Innocence Project is a fantastic idea!  Please let me know how this turns out!!! After reading what a number of others have written in this thread, I have decided that double-casting is too much work. Therefore, as a warmup performance to go on before read more

• I am right there with you Julie!  I usually try to cast 25-35 in my fall non-musical production and it's HARD to find quality scripts to accommodate or expand.  I'd love to hear what shows you've found success doing this!  My favorites have been: Kate Hamill's Sense & Sensibility, Look Homeward Angel, read more

• We have found a key ingredient in double casting is structuring the rehearsal time. It is an advantage to having a "gymatorium": cast A on stage acting full out while cast 1 is in the gym going through the motions but quietly reciting lines. I've also had the doubles or understudy shadow the other just read more

• RE: Two questions

Discussion

Hi Kendra,  My name is Melissa, and I'm the Community Manager for Broadway Media, the official scenery partner for both Music Theatre International (MTI) and Theatrical Rights Worldwide (TRW) shows.  Our animated Scenic Projections feature every scene and setting in the script and are delivered through read more

• Years ago, when my theatre program was a giant, I used student directed works throughout the year.  I was Blessed with many students staying in the program for four years just so they could direct their own stuff.  (They had to apply.)  I've also done double cast shows and they were definitely challenging, read more

• Discussion

Hi, Julie.  For this year, I decided to write my own script.  The process has been taxing but I had a good idea, pitched it to the kids, and we workshopped some scenes.  They loved it and felt it was far superior to other published plays we had perused.  Now maybe they are just flattering their teacher, read more

• There's a really good version called 12 angry pigs that is royalty free for schools.  I used it as a preshow once and it was well-received.  I used it again years later as a student-directed piece.  It's 20 minutes or so with good pacing. ------------------------------ Amy MacCord Musical Theatre Teacher read more

• No data found
  • Recent Shared Files

• Posted in: Open Forum

Announcements

• Join Us on Social ❤ Stay Connected

Please take a minute right now to ‘Like’ and/or ‘Follow’ us on these two because we’ve consolidated our posts to only these two! 😉

On Facebook we’re at https://www.facebook.com/schooltheatre

On Instagram we’re at https://www.instagram.com/thespiansociety/

Educational Theatre Association is the home of International Thespian Society and Educational Theatre Foundation.

• JAN 20: EdTA Professional Learning Webinar – Crash Course: Preparing Students for College Auditions

Join Laura Enstall, owner and founder of Audition Well, for this live and interactive session on Thursday, January 20 at 7:30pm ET. Get all of your questions answered by an experienced audition coach, and leave this workshop with tools to guide your students through the college audition process and a workbook with helpful links.

Engagement Leaderboard

Poll

Upcoming Events