Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Induction ceremony

Posted 01-27-2022 08:25

Hello fellow thespians!

I am a first year teacher but long time theatre geek and am feeling completely overwhelmed by the troupe induction process. 

My school has not had a lettering ceremony or an induction to the troupe in at least 3 years. We have minimal records (mostly just memory and yearbook) and I have at least 5 high school students who are extremely serious about doing theatre at the collegiate level and 2 who are looking to go pro if possible. 

I feel like it's really super important for me to get them inducted as soon as possible and get them their letters.

what is the point system we use? How do we go about it? Is there a scripted ceremony of any kind? Can I award points for shows I did not direct?
    as the troupe director can I induct junior members even though I don't teach middle school?

any additional information or advice would be so helpful! 

thank you in advance!

Mrs. L 
    Denver Christian School

------------------------------
    Kayla Loper
    High School Theater Director
    Denver Christian School
    CO

• 2.  RE: Induction ceremony

Posted 01-28-2022 09:45
      |   view attached
    Hello and congratulations!  I found this somewhere on the site, but I can't find it now, so I think I deleted all of my troupe's information, but if I missed something, I apologize. This is the basic script. We added performances by our new troupe members. This ceremony was for induction and charter of a new junior troupe. It shouldn't differ much for high school. I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Carmen Caldera-Brzoska
    Elizabethtown High School
    KY

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Induction ceremony

Posted 01-28-2022 12:06
    Hi Kayla! 

Here are a couple of resources that will be of use to you as you navigate inductions. And your instinct is absolutely spot-on. Get those kids inducted as soon as they're eligible! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!

Thank you for taking the time to ask about how to honor your students' achievements. It's why we're all here doing what we do!

Matt Curtis
    Content & Marketing Director
    Educational Theatre Association
    OH