Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Seattle theatre programs for 10-12 year olds

Posted 11-05-2019 11:30
    I have a friend who is moving to Seattle soon who is looking for theatre activities/programs for her 10-12 year old. I’d appreciate any information with or without recommendations that I could pass on.

• 2.  RE: Seattle theatre programs for 10-12 year olds

Posted 11-06-2019 10:18
    My daughter took classes at Seattle Children's Theatre.  They have a good program.

------------------------------
    Jennifer Babcock
    Orting High School
    Orting WA

• 3.  RE: Seattle theatre programs for 10-12 year olds

Posted 11-06-2019 11:36
    Also, KidsStage at Village Theatre.  One in Issaquah (E of downtown Seattle) and one in Everett (N of downtown Seattle).  I was there in the 80's (now I'm dating myself!) and designed the lights for 5 shows (yes, for those of you reading this who know - in the 'old building'), including one summer kids production of Godspell, which was the precursor to what was to become KidsStage.  Later when I was managing high school theatres in the Seattle area many of my students were involved in the Village Theatre too (much to the chagrin of their own drama teachers who were losing talent to them).  They have programs for kids of all ages, and also tech theatre.  Enjoy!  https://villagetheatre.org/kidstage.php

Beth Rand, EBMS
    Educational Lighting Designer
    School Theatre Operations Coach

NEW:
    www.theSTAGEteam.org
    Grants for your technicians/artists

www.PRESETT.org
    Stage Lighting services
    Online tech theatre courses
    Tech theatre books

beth@PRESETT.org
    Westminster, CO

• 4.  RE: Seattle theatre programs for 10-12 year olds

Posted 11-06-2019 15:36
    I use to work at Seattle Children's Theater and highly recommend all of their programs!

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    Louisiana Co-Chapter Director